BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 9, 2011

My dinner (:



Shhhhruuuppp....Shhhruuuppp.....

I know right, Asians have the tradition of eating Longevity Noodles aka 长寿面 especially to those old people during their birthdays or other special occasions.
It serves as dry and wet versions as well. For me, I prefer wet version of longevity noodles.

Today I've learned cooking longevity noodles from my mom. Ingredients are longevity noodles, prawn, vegetables, pork meat, 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 3 teaspoons of salt, dried anchovies, eggs, garlic, and water.

Rinse the longevity noodles in cold water to remove the starch, and cook them in a wok of boiling water for several minutes, take out the cooked mee and put them in cold water to make sure it's fresh. To cook anchovies soup, add some garlics and 1 gram of dried anchovies in water, bring it to boil for about 10 minutes, add the cooked mee into the soup, gently crack two eggs into the wok and add 3 teaspoons of salt and 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce. Lastly bring vegetables, prawns and pork meat to a boil. Heat and mix the contains.

By the way, it tastes yummy! How I wish I can cook for myself next time! LOL

(:

0 comments: