BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 4, 2011

Practice kindness

I am sorry,I am extremely sorry. I am feeling much better after released my anger on myself and into my blog last night. Dear self,I am sorry. Dear happy blog,I am sorry too. ):

In here,I would like to share with you all about something I've realized not long ago.

Nothing gets you out of a "poor me" mood faster than doing something kind for someone else. Whether you perform a community service or just smile at someone who looks like they need a smile -- when you give to others,you will feel better.

It is easy to focus your attention on wanting to be loved. Instead,try to recognise that when you give your love away,you also experience a wonderful feeling. I am sure you can recall a time when you felt good after helping someone else.

An important part of life is learning how to give and receive love. Some of us feel more comfortable giving,while others are more comfortable receiving. For me,I'd prefer both! But in order to experience love completely,we must learn to embrace both sides. It can be uncomfortable to be on the receiving end of kindness. You may feel indebted,or pressured to reciprocate right away,or just plain embarrassed. But you should let others do nice thing for you and allow yourself to feel grateful. Kindness goes both way,it is important to be kind to others and to let others be kind to you.

As girls,we are often taught to be nice,think of others,and not be selfish. Although these are good qualities,you also need to allow yourself to be upset,sad,or angry. It is okay to feel down. It's okay to yell,argue,and cry. Be careful not to fall into the pattern of only wanting to be nice never expressing your feelings when you have been let down or mistreated. Having self-respect means you acknowledge all of your emotions.

The next time you have been feeling down and are ready to feel better,try doing something for someone else and see how fast your mood changes. Tell your parents how grateful you are for all they do. Tell your best friend how important she/he is to you. Reach out to someone at school or college who looks like he or she could use a friend. Practicing kindness will make you feel happier. In giving to others,you give to yourself as well.

P/S: Respect yourself! (:

0 comments: